Adventures in distribution and medication!
Yay! I am alive! (mostly)
Get the gribbly bit out of the way first.
Later than expected, have just this past few weeks started a new medication to fight/stabilise my psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
It is not the most fun game to be playing, but although the important (to me) left index finger has still not got back the mobility I desire from it, other fingers that had started to be affected have eased up. So some positive presedence of getting back further use of fretting hand for guitar purposes.
During a period where pain was manageable a few weeks back I did dig out my oldest guitar, and recorded about 15 minutes or so of improvisation on the 4 strings it has left on it, before having to cease as the 3 fretting fingers that are ‘ok’ and my wrist started to hurt too much to get along gritting teeth through. Have completed a composition using one of the recorded segments, have four more to work with (two likely being layered in one piece) that will be released under the Power Cord alias.
As for more intriguing, positive news, have started to distribute to more popular streaming and download services via DistroKid.
So far have had no hassles, and it seems a reasonable and easy enough to use service. Admittedly, have not exactly got huge streaming figures since I started using around autumn, but have through it reached some new ears, and have also encountered more new music as a listener via spotify.
(Will place a few links to various services/platforms at end of article)
Starting a mailing list! So those of you interested in a direct to your inbox message of new blog posts, music releases and other shenanigans, as well as occasional previews and exclusives, may want to opt in. Link Here -> Mailing list!
In addition, I am currently working on a piece of ‘nonsense literature’ am around 3,500 words in so far! Here is a short excerpt;
This all said, I have a few releases and remixes already in various stages of recording, and hope the year will be a good one, for me, and you!
Be well out there, Jess.
Streaming and download links!
Spotify - iTunes - Apple Music - Amazon UK - Amazon.com - Google Play - Tidal - Napster - Deezer - YouTube Music - Anghami - also streaming on other services I cannot access from the UK.
Get the gribbly bit out of the way first.
Later than expected, have just this past few weeks started a new medication to fight/stabilise my psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
It is not the most fun game to be playing, but although the important (to me) left index finger has still not got back the mobility I desire from it, other fingers that had started to be affected have eased up. So some positive presedence of getting back further use of fretting hand for guitar purposes.
During a period where pain was manageable a few weeks back I did dig out my oldest guitar, and recorded about 15 minutes or so of improvisation on the 4 strings it has left on it, before having to cease as the 3 fretting fingers that are ‘ok’ and my wrist started to hurt too much to get along gritting teeth through. Have completed a composition using one of the recorded segments, have four more to work with (two likely being layered in one piece) that will be released under the Power Cord alias.
As for more intriguing, positive news, have started to distribute to more popular streaming and download services via DistroKid.
So far have had no hassles, and it seems a reasonable and easy enough to use service. Admittedly, have not exactly got huge streaming figures since I started using around autumn, but have through it reached some new ears, and have also encountered more new music as a listener via spotify.
(Will place a few links to various services/platforms at end of article)
Starting a mailing list! So those of you interested in a direct to your inbox message of new blog posts, music releases and other shenanigans, as well as occasional previews and exclusives, may want to opt in. Link Here -> Mailing list!
In addition, I am currently working on a piece of ‘nonsense literature’ am around 3,500 words in so far! Here is a short excerpt;
- - - -
Robby Clarksell is a bored little Burbling.
Nothing interesting ever happens around his spillage.
Nothing entertaining is ever on the digiscreen.
These days his eldest tribling slobbers away grifting for gross.
Nobody will garble with him.
He judders gibbillingly.
His neighbour squickles squiggly past the eye portal.
Robby globbles confunkly.
“Why so mickly morble Robby?” His Merple monks him.
“I’m just so morpish my Merple” he mobbles.
“Why don’t you squickle to the Squandary? The slobbing is qwerkly this squorkle!”
Robby Globbles.
His Merple pushes away, not knowing what to slobber.
“Kluesell is pretty brarkley this cycle he remarkles.
Maybe I’ll slob a slob for a flip? Or flittle some others flarpish?”
He flooged. Could there blarple a bloom… Maybe…
He squickled on.
Nothing interesting ever happens around his spillage.
Nothing entertaining is ever on the digiscreen.
These days his eldest tribling slobbers away grifting for gross.
Nobody will garble with him.
He judders gibbillingly.
His neighbour squickles squiggly past the eye portal.
Robby globbles confunkly.
“Why so mickly morble Robby?” His Merple monks him.
“I’m just so morpish my Merple” he mobbles.
“Why don’t you squickle to the Squandary? The slobbing is qwerkly this squorkle!”
Robby Globbles.
His Merple pushes away, not knowing what to slobber.
“Kluesell is pretty brarkley this cycle he remarkles.
Maybe I’ll slob a slob for a flip? Or flittle some others flarpish?”
He flooged. Could there blarple a bloom… Maybe…
He squickled on.
- - - -
This all said, I have a few releases and remixes already in various stages of recording, and hope the year will be a good one, for me, and you!
Be well out there, Jess.
Streaming and download links!
Spotify - iTunes - Apple Music - Amazon UK - Amazon.com - Google Play - Tidal - Napster - Deezer - YouTube Music - Anghami - also streaming on other services I cannot access from the UK.

